Sunday, January 19, 2020

Writing, planning, reading websites I love...


Just a few websites about writing, planning, reading and I have thrown in a few shopping sites as well.

Meet Me at Mike's
This site has it all - beautiful imagery, support with blogging, great recommendations, recipes, and what feels like advice from a friend.

Planning Mindfully
Tips and tricks when trialling a new organisational system. It is nice to think about being as organised as the author.

The Tot
Lots of articles about parenting babies and toddlers. I found this site after a friend sent me the 10 best books for 1-year-olds article when I asked her about early literacy.

Teachers as Writers
Many short and practical articles about writing and the craft of writing.

Primary English Teaching Association Australia (PETAA)
PETAA has a range of resources available for members under the title 'PETAA Papers' - they are very useful and written by reputable authors. I have found a lot of the Professional Learning on offer to be beneficial to the high school classroom, as well.

NSW Teachers' Association Centre for Professional Learning
The Journal of Professional Learning (JPL) has a heap of articles on every topic related to teaching imaginable. Definitely worth a look.

Multimodal Me
I took lead from the author of this page to create a writing teacher group. The resources from her sessions are filed here.

The National Writing Project 
The NWP website has a plethora of resources to support writing instruction. I have linked to the 'Teaching Writing' resources.

Writers Digest
WD has a heap of resources, books, articles. Some of these would be terrific in the classroom.

Print Friendly
I tweet this website regularly. It is a brilliant way to capture a website which in teaching, sometimes you need to do. I also use it when saving craft or cooking instructions! To print or save a website simply paste the URL into the search bar, the website will load, you can delete extra spaces and large images if not required and proceed to print or PDF a document that is much shorter. Save paper and space on your hard drive or cloud!

Booko
Getting a price range on books can be time consuming so pop the title into Booko and it will do a price comparison (with postage!) so you can see how many books you can buy with your monthly book budget. I like that there is free shipping through Booko with Booktopia, too. I have found a few times that there is a cheaper edition available so it does pay to do a quick double check if you have been directed to Booktopia, or Book Depository.

Doops Designs
The fabric designs are striking and the garment design is simple and pared back to allow the prints to shine. I have one dress so far. I will be purchasing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment