Saturday, April 4, 2020

Reflections on Week 3, Term 1, 2020

What is important right now? Remembering to eat so that I don't feel like chocolate every afternoon.

Still waiting on keys. Oh how much joy I feel feel once those cold metal pieces are in my hands... well, probably not. I will likely forget my weeks of difficulties very quickly.

The laptops, not charging, I realised the wrong cord was plugged into the wall meaning that a single laptop was charging instead of the whole bank but then when I went back to check on one which didn't have a light on with the charger plugged in I found that they had stopped charging. Why does everything have to be so difficult?

Massive staff meeting calls for sweets, I am not deliberately trying to make everyone a sweet tooth but I am of the opinion that sweet treats are a good thing sometimes. I hope the small gesture reminds people that I appreciate them, that I am thinking of them.

I have created little staff roll call slips because my brain simply cannot remember who I have asked about various things, they have been useful for the mandatory training certificate collection and organising who needs a staff name badge.

PDPs are required of Head Teachers before we meet with our staff - to ensure everyone is on the same page. I have quite a bit of stuff to collect and finalise before my meeting. It doesn't matter if not all of it is done, really, but I would like it to be done because the urgency to get them done will leave if I do not get things ready prior to the meeting. If something gets put on the back burner it is often where it will remain.

Swimming Carnival this week and I honestly have nothing that I would like to wear to such an occasion. I used to have a baggy green shirt but I cannot find it for the life of me and the only other green thing I have is a shirt with some olive green stripes. Just doesn't feel very festive. I ended up wearing a black dress and a white and green throw over thing. I put so much suncream on but still got burnt but it was a nice day regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment