Monday, April 6, 2020

Reflections on Week 4, Term 1, 2020

Just a quick overview of the week - in Year 7 English we created a list of ode topics and then moved onto anti-ode topics and one student loudly proclaimed as I walked around the classroom that his topics for possible anti-odes were English and Maths. He explained his reasoning for 'English' being on his list - he knows how to write so English is a waste of his time. I guess I appreciate his honesty. Conviction is important even though hearing such an opinion after he has been in my class for just four weeks made me a little sad.

I applied to be a volunteer for my Professional Association and went to the first meeting. It went really well. I am on the Communications Committee and the work in the lead up to the annual conference is to spruik, spruik, spruik!

University has started, well O'Week has, and I am a little scared to be honest. The lecturer is right on time - the materials were not uploaded a day earlier than they had to be, which, to be honest, again, means that I am going to be behind very quickly.

We worked out the non-charging laptop issue. It turns out they charge but the little lights that indicate that they are connected to the power doesn't work, on any of them. Fabulous. It was a lot of stuffing around to get to that point. I moved them to three different power points to test them, knocked the trolley over on myself, and proceeded to break two chargers. Thankfully the laptops didn't break and I was only slightly damaged. Someone with more knowledge than me figured it all out in the end, thankfully we now know.

Baby is sick, again. He has spent 1/7 of his life fighting illness and if the stories are correct, this is going to continue for months to come. Parenting is ensuring you are vigilant in setting the timer for the next dose of pain relief medication. Also, working out hacks to get said medication into the baby without him choking because he is screaming the house down (sorry neighbours!), is very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment